She co-chairs The Culinary Institute of America’s Healthy Menus R&D Collaborative and has been the Festival Host and Emcee of all culinary events for the entire twenty-one years of Disney’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. In addition, Pam’s
product line of artisan spice blends are helping to serve up delicious wellness one plate at a time at top restaurants and home kitchens across America.
Pam began her private practice of nutritional counseling in 1978, one of the original private dietetics practices in the United States. Since then, she has inspired hundreds of thousands through her books, practice, seminars, workshops, radio and website. She is the author of 15 published books and many articles and columns for magazines, newspapers and websites. Her best-selling books include Eat Well-Live Well, Food for Life, The Healthy Living Cookbook, The Energy Edge, The Smart Weigh and When Your Hormones Go Haywire. She is a frequent speaker for top corporations and associations, including the American Dental Association, American Society for Association Executives, American Diabetes Association, Club Managers Association of America and the National Restaurant Association. As founding principle and CEO of Shaping America’s Plate, Inc., Pam works to increase communities’ offerings of fresh, innovative and tasty menu options that are both delicious and nutritious.
Pam hosted the popular television show High on Health for FOX’s The Health Network and her daily feature "Tips for Living Well" airs on more than 800 radio stations across North America and in seven foreign countries.
Pam received her BS in Nutrition from Florida State University, and completed her Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Internship and initial culinary training at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, Ohio. She furthered her culinary education with advanced professional courses at the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone.
- Providing professional culinary consulting, nutritional direction and event planning and hosting for more than thirty years.
- Located in Orlando, FL with a cadre of adjunct consultants, including award winning Chefs, Pastry Chefs and Master Sommeliers, along with Creative Design, Public Relations and Consumer Insight Specialists. Each team member is devoted to delivering you unwavering and high quality professional Culinary Consulting services.
- Built on a winning philosophy: we synergistically align our own technical and inventive abilities with the creative energies of our clients. We are passionate about fresh, fun and flavorful food that is both delicious and nutritious.
Featured Clients & Services
Walt Disney World Company: Host and Emcee of the Culinary Events and Food and Wine Dinners for the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival since 1996.
Aramark Business Dining: Exclusive partnership in Nutrition and Wellness Strategic Initiatives to serve up delicious wellness to employees worldwide.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Stores: Developed Cracker Barrel’s Health and Wellness Platform and initiative and created a new lower calorie menu, "Wholesome Fixin’s" (Homestyle Cooking with a Lighter Twist), which launched nationwide in August 2013.
Shaping America's Plate: As Nutrition and Wellness Advisor to former Assistant Surgeon General Dr. James Galloway and Health and Human Services, developed the strategic platform and partnerships for "F.I.T. City," a restaurant innovation initiative piloting in Chicago out of a collaboration with Building a Healthier Chicago, the City of Chicago and the Chicago Medical Society.
Bimini Bay Resort, Bimini, Bahamas: New menu concept and recipe development for delicious and Bimini-centric lunch and dinner menus for re-launch of SABOR, the property’s upscale restaurant. Menu met with great acclaim, resulting in higher visits and intent to visit.
Darden Restaurants: Corporate Wellness and Menu Consultant (1993-2009), directly working with CEO Joe Lee and Blaine Sweatt, President of New Business Development, to steer new concept development, culinary and wine education and nutrition focus for each restaurant business, including Red Lobster (Lighthouse Menu), Olive Garden (Garden Fare) and Smokey Bones healthy menu development.
McDonald's: Developed the highly acclaimed "Real Life Choices" Menu and Educational Program for the New York Tri-State Market (launched January 2004), giving guidance for eating well when eating out at McDonald’s.
- Bahama Breeze: Co-creator; Restaurant Concept Ideation with New Business Team and Culinary Platform/Menu Development, in addition to Culinary Team recruitment. In 2003, created and launched the first ever Lunch menu development and new Dinner menu items, including a Daily Fresh Fish Program.
- Seasons 52: Co-Creator; Restaurant Concept Ideation with New Business and complete Culinary Platform/Menu Development, in addition to Culinary and Management Team Recruitment; Nutrition Advisor and Spokesperson through Roll-out to ten units, nutrition and menu development consultation through 2010.
Hyatt Hotels and Resorts: Corporate Nutrition Consultant for 15 years and Co-Creator of "Cuisine Naturelle," the highly successful healthy menu concept launched in 1990, with a relaunch in October 2001. The award-winning menu ran for almost two decades as the top menu of healthy choices in the hotel and resort market.
Ruby Tuesday, Inc.: Developed platform, strategy and all menu items for "Low Fat Tuesday’s," the concept’s first-ever healthy menu offering in 1995.
National Spokesperson and Nutrition Direction:
"Silk" Soy milk, Grape-Nuts, Florida Citrus, StarKist